What is Girls on Grapes?
Girls on Grapes is Asheville, North Carolina's best women's wine tasting club that began meeting in March 2008. Girls on Grapes is based on the premise that the more we know about wine (and the more we taste it!), the more enjoyable our hobby becomes.
Our goal is to remove the pretense and learn the best way to have our own intimate experience with wine, through education, tastings and friendship! Each month we'll have a theme. We'll taste, on average, 6 different wines during our tasting. Jessica will guide us through the meeting, but don't worry, there will be plenty of time to socialize, too!
Girls on Grapes FAQ:
- Can I come to a meeting if I’m not a member?
Absolutely! Just RSVP by clicking on the date you would like to attend on the or by calling the Studio 828.255.5955. Non-members pay on average between $12-15 to come to a tasting. Members pay between $10-12/tasting.
- How much is membership and how can I pay my dues?
Annual membership to Girls on Grapes is $25. Payment can be made the night of a Girls on Grapes tasting. Membership application can be filled out here.
- What does membership provide me?
- Discounted fees at all Girls on Grapes monthly tastings
- Delong's Wine Tasting Notebook
- Girly tee with Girls on Grapes logo
- Special pricing on monthly selected wines
- Members-only celebrations (usually 2x/year)
- Where and when are the tastings held?
Currently, Girls on Grapes wine tastings are held several times a month. Schedules are posted to the website and e-mailed at the beginning of each month and members choose the date that works best for them. Tastings are conducted at The Wine Studio of Asheville.